Old Port Specialty Tile is seeking a self-motivated, professional and organized Assistant Project Manager for full time, long-term position. The position contributes to the success and productivity of our small team. This position will work closely with our staff Project Managers in providing exceptional customer service, project estimating, and project managing.
High level of detail orientation, motivational drive, ability to problem-solve, and ability to work independently as well as part of a team, are all a must for this position. A good sense of design and creativity is helpful as you will be working alongside the interior design community.
This position is on a two-week revolving schedule:
Week #1 – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Saturday 9:30 – 3:00pm
Week #2 – Monday – Thursday 8:30am -5:00pm
Estimating & Project Managing responsibilities
- Calculates product quantities from design sketches, plans and job site measurements.
- Calculates wholesale and retail pricing for product.
- Acquires freight quotes for shipping of product from vendor to warehouse and/or customer.
- Takes measurements at job sites on projects where installation is provided.
- Calculates quantities of installation materials needed.
- Coordinates pricing of labor with installation contractor.
- Produces a detailed estimate to be presented to the customer.
- Assists in communication between vendors and installers with project manager throughout the entire job process
General Customer Service responsibilities
- Works with customers on selections & estimating for small cash & carry sales.
- Assists in greeting and assisting walk-in customers.
- Provides general information about tile, stone and glass to clients.
- Refers customers to the Project Managers and sets up appointments as required
*Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, and Microsoft outlook is required as well as the ability to pick up new software systems quickly. Experience in Flooring or Construction is preferred but not required.
*Old Port Specialty Tile and Capozza Flooring offer competitive salaries, Healthcare, Dental, 401K match, paid Holidays and Paid Time off. A parking pass is provided for this position.